A collection of names that can be used in XML documents as element or attribute names.
Namespaces allow the browser to:
- Combine documents from different sources, and help to identify the source of elements or attributes.
- Access DTDs or other description of the elements and attributes against which, the document is validated.
A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) identifies Namespaces in XML.
- Uniform Resource Name (URN): Is universally unique number that identifies Internet resources
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL): Contain the reference for a document or an HTML page on the Web
- Help standardize and uniquely brand elements and attributes.
Ensures that there is no conflict within element names, and clarify their origins
Employ the URI to instruct the user-agent about the location of the DTD against which the XML document is checked for validity.
Click Here to download Example2