Clean Code : Simplifying Production Code
By having as following
- Meaningful Names
- Method- Do one thing
- Method- Argument
- Variable Declarations
- Class and Method Name
- Names are everywhere in software. We name our variables, our functions, our arguments,classes, and packages.
- We name our source files and the directories that contain them.
- We name our jar files and war files and ear files. We name and name and name. Because we do so much of it, we’d better do it well. What follows are some simple rules for creating good names.
- People are also afraid of renaming things for fear that some other developers will object.
- Follow some of these rules and see whether you don’t improve the readability of your code.
- If you are maintaining someone else’s code, use refactoring tools to help resolve these problems.
- It will pay off in the short term and continue to pay in the long run.