Apache Tomcat : A Web Server
- What is Tomcat?
- Tomcat Version and supports.
- Download Tomcat Web Server?
- Installing Apache Tomcat Server.
|What is Tomcat?|
- Apache Tomcat is an open source software implementation of the Java Servlet and Java Server Pages technologies. The Java Servlet and Java Server Pages specifications are developed under the Java Community Process.
- Apache Tomcat powers numerous large-scale, mission-critical web applications across a diverse range of industries and organizations.
|Tomcat Version and supports|
- Tomcat 5.5 => Apache Tomcat version 5.5 implements the Servlet 2.4 and Java Server Pages 2.0 specifications from the Java Community Process. and released on Feb -10- 2010
- Tomcat 6.0 => Apache Tomcat version 6.0 implements the Servlet 2.5 and Java Server Pages 2.1 specifications from the Java Community Process. and released on Feb – 04 – 2011
- Tomcat 7.0 => Apache Tomcat version 7.0 implements the Servlet 3.0 and Java Server Pages 2.2 specifications from the Java Community Process, and includes many additional features that make it a useful platform for developing and deploying web applications and web services. and Version 7.0.11, introduced on Mar 10 2011.
|Download Tomcat Web Server?|
|Installing Apache Tomcat Server|