Difference between Gradle and Maven
Gradle vs. Maven
|– Software Project Management system used for Java projects|
– Based on the phases of the linear and fixed model.
– Does not use build-cache, making the build time slower
– Provides a limited number of parameters and requirements
– Uses an XML file for declaring the project and its dependencies
– The goal is related to a project phase.
|– Build automation system using Groovy-based Domain – Specific Language|
– Based on a graph of task dependencies.
– Works only on the tasks that have been changed to give a better performance
– Highly customizable, thus providing a broad range of IDE support builds
– Doesn’t use an XML file for the declaration of project configuration
– The goal is to add functionality to a project.